Clans at War: Black vs. White Clans at War: Black vs. White

Cool idea!

naked-megalodon responds:

Thanks!

NeoLine NeoLine

Another incredibly innovative game. It seemed like a rip-off at snake at the start but the way the items correspond to different maps is a cool idea. The visuals are simple but effective and the music complements it really well. You did it again. An inspirational game. Keep up the good work!

- Cyclus - - Cyclus -

Another incredibly innovative, addictive and fun game. I'm not sure I can think of any criticism other than when I press space to start, my browser scrolls down the page so I have to scroll up again to play the game. Just a slight annoyance, that's all. Keep up the great work.

OnLine OnLine

I simple yet creative game. I love your work. Your games are so simple and creative. This game is begging for a soundtrack though. Sound would bump this game up to a 4 star rating.

ZeroTolerance64x responds:

Well yeah sound is really missing I don't have an artist ;(
I'll look on my tracks which i have from the Artist DST, maybe i would find some sounds who are good for this game ^^

- The Wave - - The Wave -

The originality of this game blew me away. The music meshes perfectly with the gameplay. Simple but effective visuals. It is pretty difficult but also very addictive! Well done. It is seriously impressive for a weekend project or otherwise.

ZeroTolerance64x responds:

Thanks for the reviews, if some one is interested currently I'm searching Beta-Testers for the next Update of the Game it is not done yet but it will be ^^ working all the time on it :).

If you want to know what will be new check my news on my page!

Little Wheel Little Wheel

Best point and click game ever!

Munch Time! Munch Time!

Impressive for your age.

I haven't reviewed a game in a while, and I wasn't going to review this until I read that you are only 11 years old. Wow. That's incredible. I don't think I knew how games were made when I was 11, or what programming was. Could you reply to this review and tell me how you got into making games at such a young age?

Anyway, on to the game. The game is simple and not very original, though it is fun and challenging, and as I said before, for your age, that's incredible.

There are bugs, though. Whenever you click the cookie to go to the next level, your character shoots off in one direction until you press the opposite direction on the arrow keys. Also, clicking the cookie and then moving your right hand onto the keyboard again takes time, and a cookie could have fallen or almost fallen by that time. I would suggest pressing a key (e.g. space) to progress to the next level.

The high score table and medals are impressive features. I was trying to get them in my game but I didn't know how. Would you be able to share your secret? :)

All in all, it is a good game, especially for your age. You just need to fix the bugs.

Yusuf responds:

thanks!

it's a bit hard to explain so i dug out this tutorial : http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view /555833

Crazy Canvas Crazy Canvas

Creative!

This is a very interesting game....

I don't think I've played anything like this before. In these days where it is becoming increasing difficult to be original, you have done it! You've created a game that is artistic and quite fun.

I do have some criticisms, though. The main one being that the picture that is created at the end isn't very interesting. (Well, mine wasn't anyway, but I don't see how anything interesting could be created as the demons seem to appear in random positions.) As this is the innovative part of the game, I think that you should try to improve this. One way of doing this might be to have a series of levels where, upon completion, an actual meaningful picture would be created (e.g. an apple, face, dog, etc.). To do this, the demons would have to appear in set positions, rather than randomly. I do realize the player wouldn't get a unique picture every time this way, but at least it would be more than some dots on a page.

Also, it's hard to differentiate between the two shades of green. You could have used yellow, brown, black, or so many other colours.

All in all, though, I think it is a very creative and innovative game, and it's very nice to get submissions like this on Newgrounds.

Thunder-Hawk responds:

In fact, I already had that idea in mind. But it's not easy to implement, so I decided it isn't worth that hard work. But if you mentioned it, maybe I'll make an upgraded version.

Red Ball Survival Red Ball Survival

Maybe a bit hard...

This game is alright. It's even quite similar to my own game 'Spectrum Dodge'. But, like my game, it's not that original. I do like the 'freeze' power, though.

I think it might just be a bit difficult, though. 100,000 seems a bit much. I think I only got to 60,000.

Apart from that, though, it is quite fun, and a great first submission.

Regarding ActionScript, AS2 is easier to use but doesn't have as much functionality as AS3. So, if you're making a simple game, it's probably best to stick with AS2.

Chicken House Chicken House

Too easy

This game is quite fun but most of the levels are far too easy.

I have played this type of game before so it's not very innovative, but it is simple and oddly enjoyable to kill a bunch of chickens with logs and glass and TNT....

There looks like there are plenty of levels to play (I stopped at 18 to write this review), but my main issue is they are far too easy! Most can be won by clicking the mouse randomly and require no thought at all. However, I did come across a couple that had me stumped for a while; in particular, level 10. If all the levels were of that puzzling caliber, I would be giving the game a better score.

As it stands, though, it is a fun little game that will keep you mildly entertained for a short while.